Temporary Visa

Although applying for a temporary work visa seems to involve the submission of only a handful of forms, the information is provided under penalty of perjury and incorrect or incomplete information carries grave consequences. Further, the process most times requires accompanying documentation that must comply with strict guidelines. Lack of adherence to the process will unnecessarily delay a petition for months or years. In some instances, it may cause the denial of the benefit and loss of the fees.


The advantage of retaining the Law Offices of Mariela Caravetta is that we provide you with our extensive knowledge and experience in preparing and processing your documentation to avoid such delays and denials. We also ensure that the government applies the laws correctly in your case so that you are given every opportunity to obtain the immigration benefits to which you are entitled by law.

Mariela Caravetta is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and Los Angeles County Bar Immigrant Section. She counts with a network of liaisons and informative media, which enable her to access the most updated law. She conducts periodic follow-ups with the government so your case is processed as quickly as possible.

At the Law Offices of Mariela Caravetta, we provide visa services for both individuals and businesses.

Van Nuys Attorney For H-1 Visas And More

About 80 percent of our clientele is Spanish-speaking. They come to us with widely differing visa needs, including these visa types:

H-1 visa for specialty occupations and professionals

E-2 visa for treaty investors and entrepreneurs

J for job exchange program participants such as students, job trainees, faculty, professors and research scholars, specialists, government visitors and other types of visitors

L-1 visa for multinational transfers of executives, managers and key personnel

O-1 visa for individual of extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, athletics, education or business

P visa for performers and athletes, who may bring support personnel, as well.

E-1 visa for treaty traders who are citizens of countries that maintain treaties of commerce and navigation with the U.S.

R-1 visa for religious workers

TN visa for citizens of Canada and Mexico with an offer of temporary employment in the U.S. for a position listed in the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)

Experience With Every Type Of Temporary Work Visa

These work visas are all temporary, for people wishing to stay in the U.S. for a limited time. They can usually be obtained quite quickly. Most of them require a sponsoring employer.

Once you obtain the visa, you may apply for a Social Security number and driver's license. Then you can be placed on the company's payroll. You can also simultaneously start the process for an immigrant visa that will give you a path to citizenship.

The Law Offices of Mariela Caravetta, with offices in Van Nuys and on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles, can help with your temporary visa needs. Call our Los Angeles, California, temporary visa attorneys at 213-386-3911, toll free 800-999-9012, or write to us using this online form.

Mariela Caravetta

Contact Information

Law Offices of
Mariela Caravetta


Van Nuys Office
6211 Van Nuys Blvd.
Suite 200
Van Nuys, CA 91401
Phone: 818-902-2111
Toll Free: 800-999-9012
Map and Directions








© 2017 Law Offices of Mariela Caravetta. All Rights Reserved. Designed By Pablo Garriga